Mental illnesses contribute to a significant proportion of our consultations at Better Health Greenhills Medical Centre. All our GPs are experienced and trained in recognising the early signs and symptoms of mental illnesses to ensure access to effective treatment as well as providing additional counselling expertise. Better Health Greenhills Medical Centre cares for patients living with a wide range of mental health problems.
Mental health problems will affect one in five Australians. It is important that any mental condition is diagnosed and treated promptly as early treatment intervention often improves outcome. Our doctors work in conjunction with Medicare registered clinical psychologists to create a mental health plan tailored to your needs. This allows you to receive a rebate on ten psychologist services used per calender year.
If you have a mental health problem, our GPs at Better Health Greenhills Medical Centre can:
- make a diagnosis
- check for any physical health problem or medication that may contribute to the depression or anxiety
- discuss available treatments
- work with the person to draw up a Mental Health Treatment Plan so he or she can get a Medicare rebate for psychological treatment
- provide brief counselling or talking therapy
- prescribe medication
- refer a person to a mental health specialist.